Thursday, November 4, 2010

Fried Oreos

Fried Oreos...
I mean could anything really be better?
Rest assured, there is NOTHING that can compare...
I had some this past weekend at one of my favorite restaurants
at the beach...Frenchy's...

I was asking the waitress how these little gooey balls of joy were made...
The only clue she gave me was Bisquick and then deep fry them...
I went online in search of this jewel and found one that looks like it might be the one...
From Food.com, take a peek and be amazed...


Ingredients:
1 (20 ounce) package of Oreo cookies
2 cups Bisquick
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups milk
3 teaspoons oil
vegetable oil (enough for deep frying)



Directions:
Mix Bisquick, eggs, milk and 3 teaspoons oil until smooth
Preheat deep fryer to 375...use a thermometer if you are using a dutch oven
Dip the cookies in the batter until completely covered 
Place cookie in the hot oil (cookies will float)
Keep checking & turn over the cookie when bottom side of Oreo is brown
Keep a close watch so they don't get overcooked
Remove cookies and drain on paper towel
Dust some powdered sugar over the top
Eat slowly and enjoy every single bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love hearing your feedback & thoughts!