Saturday, March 3, 2012

Perseverance

BEWARE:  This is a long, serious post...
Lately I feel as if I was really being tested
by God...
I was REALLY having a hard time 
making it to the end of the school year...
I have the countdown on my calendar...
63 more school days...
I feel like 63 days of my life wasted...waiting...
Thursday I was sitting at my desk at school
before the bell rang practically in tears praying
to God that he would let me retire early,
 or let me quit...I just couldn't take it...
and then Friday morning in my
 read-through-the-bible-in-a-year readings...
God provided me with his answer... 
Let perseverance finish its work 
so that you may be mature and complete,
not lacking anything.  James1:4

As if that verse wasn't enough...
the ENTIRE 3 chapters that I read 
all talked on having perseverance...
and finishing what you started...
It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders...
Now I know there is no question 
that I must finish the school year...
Old timey
And another ironic tidbit...
God uses experiences to equip us 
for what he has in store...
Since I am a reading teacher...
I use a lot of novels to study...
All of my books that we do class studies on...
have to do with perseverance...never giving up
even when the situation is tough...
Hunger games.jpg
Funny how I try to engrain that into my students
but I'm to blind to see it in my situation...
God is good isn't he?!
God

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love hearing your feedback & thoughts!