Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles

I have been a fan of Me and My Pink Mixer
(don't you just love that name?)
ever since I stumbled upon a recipe from her
D-I-V-I-N-E!  
Friends call me & ask if I'm planning on making them
anytime soon...wink, wink...
they're that good...SERIOUSLY!
Well, guess what she posted lately...
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles...
Are you kidding?
Could there be anything better?
I thought it stopped with Oreo truffles...
but now we have Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough...
Recipe per Me and My Pink Mixer:
recipe adapted from Tasty Kitchen



2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter or margarine, room temperature
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cups milk or soy milk
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
14 ounces Chocolate Candy Coating (I used Wilton Candy Melts)

Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl 
with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.  
Add milk and vanilla.  
Stir in flour, baking soda and salt 
and mix on low speed until incorporated.  
Stir in chocolate chips.  Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
When dough is firm enough to handle, 
form dough into 1 inch balls 
and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper.  
Place sheets in the freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.
Melt chocolate candy coating in microwave
 according to package directions.  
Using a fork or dipping tool, dip cookie balls 
into the candy coating to cover.  
Tap fork on the side of the pan to remove any excess coating
 and return to the waxed paper-lined baking sheets.  
Chill until set.  
Store, chilled in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love hearing your feedback & thoughts!