Monday, June 14, 2010

Sneak Peak With A How-To

I'm posting today while I'm overlooking
the amazing & beautiful Gulf of Mexico...
I absolutely love being at the beach
but gone are the days when I loved to 
lay on the beach...
now it's way too hot & not to mention
terrible for your skin...
So what do I do?
I brought my cupcake toppers
that I am making for a baby shower
I am doing this weekend...
I liked my yarn poms so much
that I made for Goosie Girl's end of the year party
that I thought I would give this a try too...
This is the fabric that I lined all my vessels with...
(pics of that will be next week)
I usually use paper but I wanted to keep with
the motif so I thought why not?
I started measuring & cutting away...
They look fabulous!
ANYWAY... this (picture above) is going to turn in to this
but smaller (cupcake topper size)...

hanging-pom-pom2

I found these instructions on Once Wed
complements of Ashley of Dolci Odille...
hanging-pom-poms_1

Supplies: Fabric, scissors, hot glue gun, and chinese lanterns.
hanging-pom-pom

Step 1: Cut circles out of fabric.
Step 2: Fold the circle in half and put a little hot glue 
on the center, then fold over to secure.
Step 3: Apply more hot glue to the bottom of the folded circle.
hanging-pom-poms

Step 4: Press the bottom of the folded circle 
with the hot glue onto the chinese lantern.
Step 5: Repeat these steps until the whole lantern is covered. 
Once finished, attached some fabric to the metal frame 
of the lantern to hang.
hanging-pom-poms_4

1 comment:

A Blissful Nest said...

These are so beautiful. I would love to do them in little girls room!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love hearing your feedback & thoughts!