Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Parchment Paper

May I tell you how much I love parchment paper? I really, really love parchment paper! Do you?

It is such a vital staple in my kitchen. It's up there with measuring cups in terms of importance. I love how it eliminates a mess. I hate when you bake sugar cookies and you have to put all that flour down as you roll so your dough won't stick. That yucky mess gets everywhere; the counter, the floor, the cookie sheet, on you, on the dog...you get the picture. With parchment paper, all that yuck is eliminated. How you ask? It's quite simple, I put the dough between two sheets of it and roll it out. No flour, no stick, no mess!



I also line my baking sheets with it. I place the non-floured cutout cookies on there, bake them, use the parchment paper to lift them off and put on cooling racks. Wha-la! Still no mess. Cookie sheets are still clean. Tell me this is not better than sliced bread! I use it when I toast bread in the oven and whenever the need arises.

Now...as if that wasn't the best, here's another perk...I use Reynolds Genuine Parchment Paper, and on the inside of the box is a coupon for $1.00 off two boxes. I mean if you're buying it anyway, how wonderful to have a coupon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love hearing your feedback & thoughts!