Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Poms

I have noticed these poms everywhere lately in party decorating. I am going to use a few for Goosie Girl's party. I haven't decided if I'm going to buy them or make them. I guess it depends on how much I get done and if I have the time. I found a how-to on poms from this fab blog, Pepper Design Blog. It looks soooo easy, I had no idea! If you're wanting to buy premade poms, Michaels sells them and Pom Love on etsy does as well.

DIY: Vibrant Party Tissue Poms

September 8, 2009

Tissue Pom Decorating Inspiration!

Here’s an easy, DIY idea for your next get-together: Tissue Poms! These are not only easy to make, but they’re super cute and very customizable for your next event. Consider the tissue paper colors and patterns available today! I love the idea of these hanging in clusters with paper lanterns over tables, under trees full of twinkle lights, through doorways or from chandeliers, swinging above a dance floor, covering a table as a quick centerpiece, or decorating a candy bar to add color and flare. Poms can be used as napkin rings, on top of favor boxes or fluffed as mini flowers for a modern arrangement. Consider the possibilities! Find a quick How-To and more great inspiration after the jump!

Martha Stewart Wedding features an easy, DIY article on how to re-create these beautiful poms:

Tissue Pom How-To

p
{Martha Stewart’s Tissue Poms}

p
Materials:
Tissue paper and 24-gauge white cloth-covered floral wire

1. Stack eight 20-by-30-inch sheets of tissue. Make 1 1/2-inch wide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.

2. Fold an 18-inch piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist. With scissors, trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.

3. Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.

4. Tie a length of monofilament (or fishing line) to floral wire for hanging.
p

Tissue Pom Decorating Inspiration

Not sure you have the time to tackle the project on your own? Pom Love on Etsy {examples pictured above} sells kits and poms ready to go! Green Wedding Shoes Blog shares several inspiring pom ideas such as the Pom Love Etsy artist and aCookie Mag green pom layout {featured below}.

Tissue Pom Decorating Inspiration


1 comment:

Lisa Madden Bass said...

Terri,
Thank you for sharing the flower article, I have been looking for a "how to" article for months! I guess I was just looking in the wrong places. :)

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love hearing your feedback & thoughts!