Thursday, October 29, 2009

Goosie Girl's Teacher's Birthday

For some reason I woke up this morning thinking about Goosie Girl's teacher, Mrs. Qualls', birthday which is November 21st. I started contemplating what I (being the homeroom mom) could do for her special day. An article from my favorite magazine, Southern Lady, came to mind. I went to my bookshelf to fish it out and here's what I came up with as some little treats...

Possibly the best magazine ever!!!
Here's where the article began...

I absolutely adore this tablescape! I was already thinking that I needed to recreate this for her lunch...
A small chalkboard to use as a placemat. I could go to Homegoods and find an inexpensive (and festive) plate, cloth napkin, glass & dessert pedestal to put her lunch on. Maybe from Panera? How sweet would that be? And what teacher wouldn't love being pampered like this?



And maybe this arrangement for her desk? Again, get an inexpensive square vase, line the inside with apple slices (I love this technique), for the teacher, & put in some pretty flowers. Could be an arrangement of different flowers or all the same. But what a lovely statement it makes. I've done this with cranberries in the vase at Christmas and it is beautiful!
I've come to the conclusion that gifts don't have to be expensive to make a statement. It's the attention to detail that people notice and appreciate...

** I hope Mrs. Qualls' doesn't read this! wink, wink **



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love hearing your feedback & thoughts!