Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Soup Anyone?


I happened to get out an old holiday edition of Southern Living, Home for the Holidays. I have to get my mind headed in that direction. Anyway, as I was flipping through, I saw a dog-eared page I had marked that was titled "Hearty Souper Suppers." I made the "Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup" and it was divine! So easy, so hearty and sooo good. I served it with my homemade pimento cheese and triscuits. I thought I'd share the recipe...

Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter
1 large onion chopped
1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken (I used half a rotissere from Publix)
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken and mushroom condensed soup
1 cup pasta cooked (I used small pasta)
3 celery ribs diced
3 carrots diced
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
sharp cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top

Directions:
Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add onion, celery, carrot and saute until tender.
Stir in chicken broth, chicken, cream of chicken/mushroom soup, poultry seasoning, pepper.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer about 30 minutes.
Stir in milk.
Add salt.
Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with cheese and wha-la dinner is served.

This could easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd. This fed my family of 3 with leftovers for lunch...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love hearing your feedback & thoughts!