Thursday, November 19, 2009

Flag Banner

I've noticed lately that flag banners have become a very hot commodity in decorating. Since Goosie Girl's teacher's birthday was tomorrow (and since I wanted to partify her room) I thought I would give this flag banner thing a try. I couldn't believe how easy it was!

This really is all you need...
I bought the die cut letters at the dollar store (ready to be punched out)
I used colored paper that I already had
Ribbon
Tape runner
and of course scissors and/or a paper cutter

Just make your flag template to trace on each paper & cut out however many letters you need. I had quite a few because I made two banners, one saying Happy Birthday Mrs. Qualls & one saying Mrs. Qualls rocks.
Get your ribbon (but don't cut it, I left it on the spool as I used it)
You are going to run the tape runner along the top
Leave some extra ribbon on the side (for hanging purposes) and line the ribbon along the top along the glue
Line up the next flag and continue with the glue & ribbon until you have the word complete
This is one flag. When I hang this I will have 4 flags...Happy Birthday Mrs Qualls
It is large when all parts are laid out. Great for decorating large spaces...
This one is going to be hung outside on her classroom window...
I used wide black ribbon...
This one will be hung on her whiteboard...
I used multicolored paper for this one and thin white ribbon

Tonight I will be making her flower arrangement with the apples. I am also going to try & make a pomendor to hang on door handle...

I'll take pics & share tomorrow morning (after I decorate at like 7am before she gets there...)

P.S. - You could use any paper and/or material to make this...sky's the limit...whatever coordinates with your theme. How adorable! and reusable...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! I love hearing your feedback & thoughts!